10 Stunning Ramadan Photos in Cairo
Ramadan in Cairo is a time of modesty, reflection and even celebration – but, if we're honest with ourselves, it's also a time of great photo ops. There are few cities in the region that come alive in the same way that Egypt's capital does; the sights, sounds and even smells make for a unique time of the year that you just can't help but be swept away with.
We love a good session of Instagram browsing as much as anyone and we've gathered just a few of our favourite photos from across the city during the Ramadan festivities.
1. Muez Street, Islamic Cairo (@mostafastudio)
2. Sohour in El Hussein (@lobnatareq)
3. A child, a man and an old man during prayer at a Cairo mosque (@adelessam)
5. The Sayed Zeinab Lantern Market (@mostafa_bassim)
6. A mesaharaty wakes up residents in Helwan (@el.darwish)
7. The crescent and the cross on the Fourth Night of Ramadan (@el.darwish)
8. A Man prays at an unidentified mosque in Cairo (@eslam_gamal40)
9. Lantern-shoppers in Sayeda Zainab (@haymanics)
10. Amr Ibn El As Mosque (@thegambian)