About a month ago, we told you about a new application that will make booking your train rides around Egypt much easier. This new application is set to relieve you from standing in lines or having to commute to the train station before your trip to ensure that you have a seat on the train.
The Egyptian National Railways just announced that this app will be officially available starting today, Monday, October 1st. The app is called “Egypt Trains – Booking & Inquiries”, but it’s best if you search for it in Arabic. To ensure that you have right app check for the developer’s name, TransIT.
So if you’re looking to use this new app, these are the 10 most important things you should know about it:
1. The service will be available across all parts of Egypt.
2. As of now, only Android users will benefit from this app. It will be adapted to other operating systems later on.
3. The app is expected to make it easier for people to book trains, relieving some of the crowding at the station.
4. This application does not replace standard ticket purchases at the station.
5. To create a profile, your National ID Number and other personal data are needed.
6. Booking is only allowed through your registered profile.
7. To book your ticket, you’ll need to pay by credit card.
8. After booking, you can head straight to your seat on the train.
9. Remember to take your National ID and credit card with you on the train.
10. If you fail to bring either of them, you will be fined.
We hope this app works well and gains popularity among train users, as it’s a very efficient way for booking tickets and is also quite useful for tourists.